Online Reputation Management: Ethical Considerations and Strategies
Length: 56 minutes
CE Credits: 1
Online public records and rating sites like Healthgrades may contain inaccurate or negative information about your practice. Sometimes it can be removed. But when it cannot, ethics constrain your ability to respond. Learn how to address negative ratings and misinformation, and how to mitigate their impact on your professional reputation.
Presenter: Pauline Wallin, Ph.D.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- List two APA ethical principles that would disallow your responding to a negative online review.
- Describe how to contact a review website that contains inaccurate information about your practice.
- List two reasons why certain information cannot be removed from a website.
- List three online strategies to mitigate negative or misleading information about your practice
- List two offline strategies to mitigate negative information about your practice